September 1, 2021 — This Decision, in order to protect the population of the Republic of Croatia from COVID-19 disease, introduces the necessary epidemiological measure of the mandatory use of face masks or medical masks.
Face masks or medical masks must be used in the correct way, so that the whole time while wearing the mask covers the mouth and nose:
- employees of social welfare institutions that provide accommodation services and visitors to beneficiaries, if visits are allowed;
- drivers, other employees in public transport and passengers in public transport;
- employees in the trade and customers during their stay in stores;
- employees in the catering industry who come into contact with guests or participate in the serving and preparation of food, beverages and beverages;
- guests in catering establishments indoors, except while sitting in their seats and consuming food, drink or beverages;
- employees of companies, institutions and institutions working with clients and clients who come to those companies, institutions and institutions;
- employees in service industries in which they come into close contact with clients;
- employees in offices where a physical distance of at least 2 meters cannot be ensured;
- believers during religious ceremonies and gatherings indoors;
- spectators at indoor sports competitions;
- visitors to all social and public gatherings indoors;
- persons obliged to do so by their employer;
- persons in open spaces in circumstances where it is not possible to maintain physical distance between persons;
- and in other spaces or circumstances where it is not possible to ensure that only persons holding a digital COVID certificate enter the space.
Face masks or medical masks do not have to be used in cases of recommended exemptions published on its website by the Croatian Institute of Public Health and in all circumstances when it is ensured that only persons in EU possession are present at a public event or gathering or in a certain area. digital COVID certificate.
Employers and organizers of social and public events and other gatherings are obliged to control the use of face masks or medical masks.
This Decision shall not apply to:
- health care institutions, which are obliged to apply professional guidelines and recommendations;
- to work in primary and secondary schools, higher education institutions and pre-school education institutions.