November 18, 2020 — Eurowings has announced its flight schedule for December this year, and is adding flights to Croatia in time for the holidays.
At the end of the summer flight schedule, which lasted through October, Eurowings withdrew from Pula, Rijeka and Zadar. That left only two active destinations active for the winter — Zagreb and Split.
The German budget airline then announced four weeks of flights on routes to Zagreb for November. However, they are operating on a reduced schedule, twice a week, due to falling demand, according to Croatian Aviation.
Nevertheless, during the Christmas and New Year holidays, Eurowings plans to increase its presence in Croatia. Given that many Croatian citizens live in Germany and would like to come home just in time for the holidays, this increase in flights makes sense. Eurowings also is not the first airline to announce an increase in flights at this time of year.
Eurowings Adding Weekly Flights to Five Routes for the Holidays
- Eurowings currently offers Stuttgart – Zagreb flights twice a week, on Fridays and Sundays. From December 23, 2020 to January 6, 2021 the airline is adding a flight on Wednesdays.
- The Zagreb – Cologne route currently offers two flights a week, on Fridays and Sundays. From December 21 to January 6, Eurowings added two more flights a week — on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- The Split – Dusseldorf route currently operates once a week, on Saturdays. From December 23, 2020 to January 6, 2021 a Wednesday will be available.
- The Split – Stuttgart route currently operates twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays. From December 22, 2020 to January 10, 2021 those flights will operate three times a week — on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Eurowings will also offer Split – Cologne flights for a limited time. Those flights are available from December 22, 2020 to January 10, 2021 and will operate twice a week, on Tuesdays and Sundays.
Increasing flights to Croatia for the holidays was an anticipated move by Eurowings. Apart from direct flights to several destinations, passengers will also be able to make very good connections to other German cities, such as Hamburg and Berlin.
Follow our Travel page to keep track of flight schedule changes and unique Croatia destinations. Check out the Croatian Aviation website here (in Croatian and English) and Facebook here. The portal also offers updates on flight schedules, travel restrictions and insight on air travel during COVID-19. For flight schedule updates and tickets, check out the Eurowings website here.